The Hogg Foundation has taken a huge step toward inclusion and partnership by agreeing to fully collaborate with a planning committee, comprised of persons with lived mental health experience, to design, plan and implement this event for our state. There were few items considered non-negotiable by the foundation. The items presented to the planning committee at the onset of the original planning meeting are listed below. The foundation has worked hard to abide by this agreement throughout the planning.
- The event must be consistent with the Hogg Foundation's mission, vision and values.
- The event must be consistent with the project's mission, vision and values (as outlined by a large group of external stakeholders including many planning committee members).
- The event must have a statewide focus.
- The event must be held during 2016.
- The event needs to stay within an allotted budget determined by the foundation.